Thursday, August 31, 2006

Am I ok?


I guess this question is understandable- I've all but disappeared off the face of the earth. Most people have given up on me and started going straight to Bobby to check and see if I'm still alive.

I'm alive.

I'm alive as I've ever been, and I'm okay.

This post has to be short because I am at work. Yes, work. I have a job. I'm off chemo. And life is good.

Tired? Tired after starting work less than a week after chemo? Yeah, tired. I'm really tired. I'm tired, I'm working 12 hour days, it's a crazy job, and, friends, I don't think I've ever in my life been happier than I am at the end of an exhausting day.

I'll give you all the details soon, but, for now, know that if I haven't written or called, it's not because I don't love or appreciate you, but just that I'm so wrapped up in something besides chemo, and I'm exhausting every minute of my life of freedom for now.

I'll be in touch soon, and I think of you all several times a day.

Take care,

Miss M

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! Best news I've heard in a long time.

Enjoy. Enjoy. Enjoy.

Love, Kim in Birmingham

Sarah said...

Yessssssssssssss!

Now don't burn yourself out missy.

I should take my own advice.

faye said...

Man, do I understand that! I'm thinking of you and the day that we have the time to grab a drink together!

:) me

Peter said...

Hooray!
Good to hear from you, and that you are enjoying your new freedom!

But take it easy...You have a whole life ahead of you!
Abba sang:

Take it easy, take it easy
Better slow down girl
That's no way to go
...
Take it easy, take it easy
Try to cool it girl
Take it nice and slow
...

All good wishes

Anonymous said...

Where are you , kid? It's about 3 weeks since you updated. As long as you are doing well that's Ok, though. :o)

Bill G

i2y

I'm Too Young For This!