Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Freedom Like a Shopping Cart


What if today, instead of fearing what was going on, I allowed myself to absorb it's painfulness? What if I thought about not how unfair it is, but rather what I could offer in prayer? What if I stopped lying to myself about what it is I want to do, and instead just said it out loud in spite of it's awkwardness and "inappropriateness"? What if I faced everything that I am afraid of, knowing I'd come out on the other side? What if I stopped thinking about how angry I am, and diverted my thoughts to how amazing it is that I can make a choice about how I handle my emotions? What if I accepted all these feelings inside me with kindness and gentleness of myself? What if I stopped avoiding the things that I know will make me face what I feel? What if instead of thinking and planning and always writing about what I want to do, I actually did it? Like right now.

-MM

3 comments:

BaldyLocks said...

I think going for it is a good thing. Happy New year!

Tina Sullivan said...

Amen Sista! That really hit the mark with me. It was like you were reading my thoughts. Thanks for sharing your story/thoughts. You continue to inspire me.

Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

What Tina said! Yes. Giving yourself (and myself) permission to do something pleasing is so tough. I'm going to give it a try all through today! Even though I need to get back to work. Well, I will make this work pleasing. It is noble and useful in its way.

Neat blog. Keep really living!

i2y

I'm Too Young For This!