Thursday, August 07, 2008

Links

Hi internet family,
Just a reminder to let me know if you'd like to be in the drawing for the free stuff (--see the post from yesterday if you're confused).

In other news, tonight as I was trying to update my "Melanoma/Cancer Links," and I accidentally deleted them all. Yes, I think you're right, there must have been acid in the spaghetti. Why else would I accidentally delete ALL of my links? Needless to say I have made an effort to repost them. I have no idea if I forgot any, but I'm hoping that you will have some idea. So, if you notice, would you drop me a line? Don't take it personally if I left your blog off, it's 4 a.m. and I really do love you dearly. You mean the world to me. It's just that my memory is failing me.

I guess I don't have to say that I was a little more upset about Sean than I thought. Yes, Bobby, I am fine. It's just that this disease takes so many bright, vibrant people. Good, strong, wonderful, deserving people. It's really heart breaking.

Please take a moment to offer your condolences to the Shields family here. I'm sure they will appreciate it. Rest in peace, Sean.

-MM

5 comments:

Friske The Comedian said...

Glad you're ok my love, just wanna be here for ya if you need me.

Anonymous said...

Dammit Dammit Dammit. I hate cancer. So, I am obviously not Byron Katie's type, I cannot love cancer. I hate it. I will never love something that ripped a young man, father, husband, son, from his family and friends. I have been in remission (NED)for 2.5 years and I am not sleeping lately because I am waiting for MRI and CT scan results. It is what is necessary while I see if I am fighting another battle or still on the winning side. Cancer sucks. Just get me over the hump of this round of tests so I can resume my efforts to be normal (which in my case is nutty, crazy, funny and irreverent). Keep blogging, keep your chin up, keep your heart open to the good in life. I try to get there every day. Because a day without hope is a day lost to misery. And I don't have days to lose. None of us do. Blog on Lady!

faye said...

My heart aches for you, friend. I can only imagine where this takes you (back to?) every time you go through it. The way you keep your heart open is humbling to me. I know you really feel the person's and the family's pain deeply, every time you watch this happen. I'm not sure I could do it myself, but I hope I could, and I know it's beautiful.

And of course, my prayers for Sean's wife and their two little girls.

One candle lit tonight for Nicole. One for Addie. One for Ella. One for Sean.

...and one for you, because I know you feel their pain so to the core. I know my little prayer will reach you at least a little bit.

Our souls are wise.

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie,
You're ok...you are human and always so... very close to my heart.

Love ya' lots...

Anonymous said...

Hey! Here's my link, MM, if you still would like it:

http://melanoma.flamespurt.net.

Thanks!

Eric @ Fun With Melanoma
:)

i2y

I'm Too Young For This!