Saturday, October 16, 2010

Happiness is a sunning turtle


Here's something you may not know about me: I love turtles. As a teacher, I have 2 in my classroom (and one "free range" turtle- don't ask), and they are just the best. The kids love them and learn a lot (about science and also general life skills) just by being about them, and also they are great company for me and keep me super chilled.



And so I'm here to tell you that in the 2 weeks since my migraine post, I have done a good job of taking care of
myself. I am spending a lot less time at work. It feels great to experience this, because not only a.) do I feel so much more relaxed and enjoy the space in my life, but b.) I really believed in myself and knew that I could do it if I put my mind to it.
So yay for free time!



Next order of business: fill the free
time with things I enjoy other than naps and hot baths. Things I love like yoga and painting and boxing. Everything in moderation, and slow and steady wins the race. So yay turtles!

-MM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice!

Bob B. said...

Turtles and tortoises are very cool. They are so retro on the evolution scale! It's hard not to love them.

Glad to hear the migraine has gone and your life is a little easier. I knew you could do it.

Anonymous said...

I have turtles everywhere, also. Something about them-very soothing.Glad you are feeling better. randi

Susan Slattery said...

I think of you often--being high risk for melanoma myself. I love this post--the second turtle shot is beautiful. You are an inspiration!

i2y

I'm Too Young For This!