Sunday, February 26, 2006

I used to care, but now I take a pill for that. -bumper sticker

Let me tell you what they don't tell you about chemo: it makes your teeth yellow. Yellow. And you're not allowed to bleach them. And the anemia is a bitch. There, I said it. The damn anemia will make you bonkers because you can't do anything without feeling completely exhausted. Damn that anemia. And the headaches, the joint aches (no, not that), the compromised immune system (which means I get things like styes- eww), the muscle cramps no matter how you lay, the weight gain (yeah, everyone thinks you lose weight on chemo, but you don't. I haven't met anyone who didn't gain weight. Wierd, huh?), the constant teeth and gum aches, the scar pain that I don't enjoy (especially on the old kooter), the low temp, the incontinence (yes, I piss my pants, ok?), complete lack of sex drive, and then, to top it off, is insomnia. Luckily, Tylenol is a wonderdrug. And I'm not even kidding about that.
A little b**ch session there- sorry. I haven't had one in a while. Yes, I piss my p ants, ok? Are we back to that already?
So, besides that, Bobby's show went really great and he's working on getting all the pics up on his website. I got shnockered for the first time in a really long while and the 3 day hangover was completely worth it. The room, the room, the room is done. Completely done, complete with shelves for my books and all my crazy nick-nacks. Hopefully Bobby will get a slideshow up so everyone can see. That could be a few days, but it'll happen. But I love LOVE my room. It's very Zen and harmonious. So go rake some sand and come back later to check it out.

So, May is Melanoma Awareness Month, and we're gonna have some good stuff going on. Mandy is coming in from San Diego and we're going to stage an awareness picket outside of some national tanning bed place. Hopefully, we'll get on the news and get some publicity. Mandy's gonna dress in a chicken suit just for grins, and Bobby has a dinosaur outfit he said he'd wear. A wise man once said if you start out with a man in a costume, you're there. You gotta mess up pretty bad to not be funny. Whoo. Good times, and I can't wait.

We're working on a script for a PSA for May, and we need people who know the info on how to get them on the radio and/or TV and we also need people who can do impersonations. Even bad ones. Our current script is a conversation between two famous actors... but we'll take what we can get. I know there's a lot of you that read this blog, I check the numbers, people. I know you're there. I need help on this. And those of you that comment, make my day. So if you have any info, I'd appreciate even just a line or two of advice. Come on, you lurkers... make a cancer patient's day.

In big news, I've been contacted by the president of the Schlip foundation (www.theschlip.com) which was founded by Jean Schlippman
3 days after her husband's death from melanoma, on his 45th birthday. I love this lady, I love what she's doing, and she wants to work together to promote melanoma awareness. Exciting stuff! I'm amped. Be sure to check out her site, fools.

Besides that, I got nothin', folks. The big SD trip is coming up and I can't freakin wait.

Hope all is well with y'all. Don't forget to comment just this once.

-L


 
 

There are two ways to live your life: one is to live as though nothing 
is a miracle, the other is to live as though everything is.
-Albert Einstein

No comments:

i2y

I'm Too Young For This!