Saturday, July 28, 2012

Brand new day

The 5 stages of grief are:


1. Denial and Isolation
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

Last night's post was obviously from the depression stage. haha Whoa, what a downer.  
I'm noticing I'm moving in and out of the last three stages pretty regularly almost every day.  I miss the way things used to be, then I think what if I had only done this? or what if that woulda happened?  And then of course there are moments when I'm really happy and pleased with my progress, and excited about my life.    

It's all normal.  I feel really good right now, I feel like I've achieved a little closure.  Things happen for a reason and I can see those reasons really clearly.  I deserve good things, and I made a decision to change my life so that I could get those good things.  There are parts of me that are angry for going so long and not doing anything to fix it, but then I remember everything is as it should be.  And I'm ok.  

Sitting here, feeling better, but still crying as I type, I randomly heard from two people from my past that had wonderful words to lift me up. 
There seriously are no coincidences.  

Sending thanks to the universe that is watching over me. 

-MM


1 comment:

B. said...

That's quite the one-two punch from your recent postings! I'm really glad to hear you feel like you're making progress towards a better life. Your blog gives no hints that you are a "loser" or that you "mess things up" any more than the rest of us do. It's good to know you're human and I, for one, really appreciate your insight and tenacity.

You go, girl :-)

Love...

i2y

I'm Too Young For This!