Monday, January 30, 2006

My Deepest Sympathies on the Loss of Your MOJO

Well, the girls at Gilda's have come thru again. I mentioned in one meeting that I was losing hair and the next meeting they gave me 2 hats and a scarf. Bobby says the Cat in the Hat cap makes me look like a soccer mom, and I realize I look like a gypsey in the scarf, but it's all in good fun. I'm not sure what I look like in the Harley cap, but with an added 6 or 7 tattoos, I think I can pull it off. We actually think that we've determined that the hair is not actually falling out, it's just breaking off. So if I get a haircut, all this dread for being bald could be eliminated, which I'm personally all for. Not that Kojak didn't do it for me. Let's not be mistaken- I was hot in all the right places for him. It's just not right for my head, personally. We took these pics for all you crazy little mothers who are just dieing to see me.
Bobby and I have been working on the room non-freakin-stop, so I've been really busy lately, which is always good. I personally am enjoying the project, and it's turning out great. We're putting a slideshow together to show everyone the progress; and, of course, by "we" I mean Bobby. It's awesome and COMING SOON!
Had a doctor's appointment last week and met my new oncologist. She is awesome; I really love her, and she can't be a day over 30. I have a sinus infection that she gave me a Z-pack for, and when I take it "as directed" I'm asleep 16 hours a day. But she also let me try a new anti-nausea medicine that seems to be working, and I can't tell you how happy that makes me.
It's been a rough week, but today I just decided I wasn't taking any medicine, and my head was so clear and I felt so good. I took Hannah for 3 walks and got a lot done around the house and had just the best day. I've been fighting depression pretty hard lately, and I think a lot of it is the fact that so many of the drugs I'm prescribed are sedatives, it just brings me down. I'm sure you can imagine- always feeling drugged up and sleepy or sick is not the way to hang. I'm not gonna lie, a little sedative can be a good thing at the right time, but 24-7 is not the right time. You ain't gotta lie to kick it, I know you like it, too. :) All together, that and being sick were no good as a combo. Today's better. And I know if I just keep it together tomorrow will be better than today.
I've recently taken up drawing, too, and checking out some online art classes. The pics of what I've done should be on the website soon, so don't forget to check out the old homepage when you get a chance.
I also want to thank everyone who's been searching Yahoo and Google for "Miss Melanoma." It's really helped bring my page up on search engines and I'm getting a lot more hits.
That's it for now, kids. I'll be in touch soon. Keep it rizzeal and be sure to drop me a line.
-L

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the soccer mom look but I tell you what, that harley cap does something for me -

Come see me soon - Bring all your sedatives and I'll tell you if they are any good - I love you and miss you sooos sooos oooos ooos oooooooooo MUCH -
Mange

Anonymous said...

I honestly prefer the gypsy look, that doesn't mean you have to shave yor head or anything and if you could get a pink one to match that nightie that both Mange and I know and love that would be totally AWESOME!!!! Love you So.
Panda

i2y

I'm Too Young For This!