Friday, June 20, 2008

Writer's block. Or Rider's block. Whatever.


Here is your bi-weekly harassment post.

1. I am in contact with the Too Faced people to get the winner's free sample. It's a Love Lisa Beauty Box and it's worth $32.5o. Quite a cute kit, I've been using one and I LOVE it! Very glamorous colors and it's the softest powder I've ever felt. So as soon as I know hear from Too Faced, I'll put all the names in a hat and have the Boob draw one out. Fair and square! If you want in you still have time. Just email me or post a comment about it and you're in the hat!

2. I may be taking a short leave of absence, like 2 or 3 weeks, from the blog. I must say that when I come here to write lately I have found that I am at a loss for words. I think I'm dealing with something, but can't really go into it here. Let's just say that something is there. And when I say dealing, I don't even mean I'm sad, I'm just really wrapped up in this other thing, so my head isn't here. I figure if my head isn't here, my body doesn't have to hang out and look at the screen. So there's that.
3. Did you hear about the guy with the stage IV melanoma that was cured, using his own cells? Pretty cool- check it.

Dat about do it. I appreciate all of you who have been emailing me and commenting to check on me. It means a lot.

Love ya.

-MM

4 comments:

BaldyLocks said...

Just popping in to say Hi. I've been out of commission for a while and have been wondering how you are doing.

I miss your pink aura of happiness.

Kelly Kane said...

Hang in there my friend! Let me know if you need anything.

XO

Carver said...

We must have been commenting on each others blogs at the same time. I had to come back and thank you for your comment and tell you that I had just finished writing my comment when I saw that I had one. Too wild. I think of you a lot and how we have had a similar journey in a lot of ways. I'm trying to walk as much as possible since that's about the only thing that seems to work. As ever, Carver

JB aka JayBee said...

Write what comes and try not to censor yourself.

I've been reading Bert's /Where I Am In All of This... and whether he is talking about his rectal cancer (talk about cancer being a pain in the ass!) and radiation burns on the genitals, or more recent writing about baseball (I hate baseball) he, like you, is an inspiration to me.

It was meaningful to me when he wrote, "Many times as I type a blog entry, it's as I type it that I begin to see what I have learned from my experience."

I take this to mean: write and don't worry; what you are writing about will be relevant.

If it is too personal, you can always delete it, but the process of writing will be valuable to you regardless of if you share it with us, your humble readers.

I enjoy reading about your thoughts and experiences. You are one of my heroes.

i2y

I'm Too Young For This!