Saturday, October 15, 2005

My Goal is for the words MissMelanoma.com to be thrown around more than a drunken dwarf at a biker rally.


So today, I thought everybody might enjoy knowing the contents of my morning trailmix and afternoon cocktails. This is good stuff, I swear. Okay, so remember the rash? Oh, yes, the rash. Well, it comes back with every chemo injection. So that requires Zyrtec in the morning and Benadryl in the evening. Now, keep in mind, I take the Zyrtec when I get up in the morning, which gives me about 30 minutes before I'm so drowsy I want to go back to bed. But it's a nice, warm, sleepy feeling, so how can I complain? I also take Mucinex morning and night, which tastes like battery acid, by the way, so I don't recommend you getting a respiratory infection. Lexapro in the morning and evening also to keep the voices away :). And in the afternoon, sometimes I have to take Phenergan to kick back the nausea, so I can eat without wanted to spew it all over the person next to me. This pill also helps with the general nausea from taking so many pills in general, ironically enough. Phenergan knocks me flat on my patootsky, and it only takes about 20 minutes. Plus, of course, I alternate Tylenol and Motrin every 4 hours to keep the fever at bay, and Aleve for the headaches (side effect of chemo). Last but not least is the antibiotic, which was originally to be taken every 6 hours, but is now down to every 8 hours because of the rash. Clendomyacin, which, of course, makes me drowsy, too. Yiezer. Who feels like a nap?




BTW, thanks to all of you out there who have been sending emails and comments and calling during these last few tough weeks. I don't know what I would've done without you.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Hey, just stopped by to read your blog. You are amazing, keep writing, I will keep reading.

Take care,

Blessings,

i2y

I'm Too Young For This!