Friday, October 28, 2005
What would Scooby Doo?
Here's what I'm thankful for today:
1. I'm thankful that my friends are still funny, I'm still cute, and Bobby still hasn't seen me poop on myself.
2. Even though my stools are looser than a Quaaluded Tara Reid at a USO show, we haven't reached Ebola-like symptoms yet, and that's got to be good.
3. I'm thankful for my opposable thumbs, that I still have a little change to give to the homeless, and that the monkey in my closet hasn't come after me yet.
4. I'm thankful that I still have my hair, even though I could use a little help with that whole shaving thing. But hey, it's better than unexplained hair growth. Chickstaches aren't cute.
5. I'm so thankful- SO THANKFUL- that I'm home everyday and that I don't have to be in the hospital. I mean, you have no idea.
6. I'm thankful that I have people around me who email and come to see me and check my journal simply because they care how I am. And I'm thankful that most of them have stopped calling me Spongebob Squish-pants.
7. Even though there was a point I would've taken a doctor with a degree from Sally Struthers school of As Seen on TV, I've been lucky. So I'm thankful for all the amazing things my doctors have done for me all throughout all this, for the care I've received, and for how lucky I've been.
8. I'm thankful for the things that I accomplish everyday.
9. I'm thankful that I don't have a rash that covered me from head to toe in tiny little chickenpox bumps. My bumps. My bumps. My lovely little lumps. Check it out.
10. I'm thankful that this is Melanoma Stage III instead of Stage IV or V of anything else.
And the number 11 reason that I'm thankful is:
11. I may not be able to work, but at least I don't have to wear a visor and a nametag.